special needs housing
Click here for Top Ten Discussions. CLICK HERE for Q & A Homepage
Receive Free Rental Owner Updates Email:  
MrLandlord Q & A
special needs housing (by carol starling [OK]) Jan 30, 2019 5:30 AM
       special needs housing (by Deanna [TX]) Jan 30, 2019 6:41 AM
       special needs housing (by AllyM [NJ]) Jan 30, 2019 10:47 AM
       special needs housing (by Ray-N-Pa [PA]) Feb 2, 2019 8:05 PM

Click here to reply to this discussion.
Click Here to send this discussion to a friend

special needs housing (by carol starling [OK]) Posted on: Jan 30, 2019 5:30 AM

State Specific Question About: TENNESSEE (TN)

My husband and I own two rental homes in Oklahoma. This is a rural community about 1 hour from Norman Ok. 2;1 house and a 3/2 house.

1. Interested in knowing whether the Indian Nations there participate in the special needs housing programs?

2. Location requirements for housing disabled; ie, transportation, etc

3. Can a room be locked to secure each tennant?

4. Do you have any resources for that area?

Thank you. Carol


special needs housing (by Deanna [TX]) Posted on: Jan 30, 2019 6:41 AM

"Rural community." Is this a small town of x population, but it has local codes and ordinances? Is this on tribal lands? Is this a settlement of, say, 50 people living outside the city limits? What's the level of government that you have to deal with?

"Indian Nations participate in special needs housing programs".

Have you tried looking up which tribal jurisdiction your community is in? I could be wrong, but I wouldn't expect the Cheyenne-Arapaho to have a whole lot to do with a special needs housing program if it's located in Choctaw territory. You might look at this map:


and approach the tribal jurisdiction that best applies to your specific location as to what kind of special needs housing programs you can opt into, and what their requirements are.

If you're just interested in reaching out to someone with a housing voucher, you might contact whatever tribal council is in charge of your territory and reach out to them as to how to get on their program. For example, if it was Choctaw, you might start by reading up here--


but obviously, that wouldn't be the place you'd look if you were talking Muscogee, although they might have some information that would translate into other CDIB-required programs. (Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood) (ie, one person's tribal affiliation gives precedence over another based on whose lands you're in, but you need to be affiliated with someone in order to participate in the first place, if that makes sense. So in Choctaw land, a Choctaw-affiliated candidate for rental assistance gets bumped ahead of an Osage-affiliated candidate when you're in Choctaw land, but the reverse may be true if you're in Osage territory.) --96.46.xxx.xx

special needs housing (by AllyM [NJ]) Posted on: Jan 30, 2019 10:47 AM

Amazing. Choctaw land, Osage territory. I feel like a time traveler. We have Lenni Lenape here, very tall and kind of Roman features. --173.61.xxx.xx

special needs housing (by Ray-N-Pa [PA]) Posted on: Feb 2, 2019 8:05 PM

You might want to reach out to Nick Sidoti as he is the king of special needs housing.

Last I heard his health wasn't where it should be --72.23.xxx.xx

Click Here to send this discussion to a friend
Report discussion to Webmaster

Subject: RE: special needs housing
Your Name:
Your State:

special needs housing
Would you like to be notified via email when somebody replies to this thread?
If so, you must include your valid email address here. Do not add your address more than once per thread/subject. By entering your email address here, you agree to receive notification from Mrlandlord.com every time anyone replies to "this" thread. You will receive response notifications for up to one week following the original post. Your email address will not be visible to readers.
Email Address: