Shower Panels?
Click here for Top Ten Discussions. CLICK HERE for Q & A Homepage
Receive Free Rental Owner Updates Email:  
MrLandlord Q & A
Shower Panels? (by Eddy Mac [IL]) Apr 13, 2018 5:05 PM
       Shower Panels? (by Robert,OntarioCan [ON]) Apr 13, 2018 6:36 PM
       Shower Panels? (by RR78 [VA]) Apr 14, 2018 2:55 PM
       Shower Panels? (by Steve [MA]) Apr 14, 2018 3:11 PM
       Shower Panels? (by nhsailmaker [NH]) Apr 15, 2018 4:09 AM
       Shower Panels? (by razorback_tim [AR]) Apr 15, 2018 6:13 AM

Shower Panels? (by Eddy Mac [IL]) Posted on: Apr 13, 2018 5:05 PM

Anyone ever think about using shower panels instead of using shower valves and trim kits? The trim kits look horrible after the first couple of months and then destroyed after a couple of years. I don't know how the shower panels would hold up. I would want to figure a way to bolt it to the shower wall.


Shower Panels? (by Robert,OntarioCan [ON]) Posted on: Apr 13, 2018 6:36 PM

The trim parts are easy to replace if damaged. If a standard shower faucet is used then can buy spare trim parts. No matter how good or durable something is installed in a rental it always can be destroyed. It is always better to buy commercial grade ceramic or porcelain tiles, commercial grade locks grade 1 or 2, Metal switch and receptacle covers, commercial grade door closures.

Shower Panels? (by RR78 [VA]) Posted on: Apr 14, 2018 2:55 PM

Maybe I dont understand. My trim pieces are like the tub spout.

Metal with chrome plating. I get at least 20 years out of them. And dont mind replacing.

But if you are going to make some. Only thing I would use is 1/2" soild PVC. We buy it in 4 x 8 sheets and use it for a number of different things.

Combined with a one handed compact router. Can make anything we need if we have an area water is a problem.

Shower Panels? (by Steve [MA]) Posted on: Apr 14, 2018 3:11 PM

Eddie, are you referring to a standard tub / shower mixing valve that come with a decorative sealing plate that keeps the water out of the wall or do you mean an adaptor plate use to cover an enlarged access hole such as you use when you replace an existing valve on a wall what is already tiled?

If you mean the type of cover plate used to cover an enlarged access hole we have successfully used 1/2" or 3/4" pieces cut from a sheet of PVC paneling to make our own. My local HD carries 1/2" & 3/4" solid PVC in 2'x4', 2'x8' and 4'x8' sheets.

Shower Panels? (by nhsailmaker [NH]) Posted on: Apr 15, 2018 4:09 AM

I am glad you brought up this topic. I googled it and now I may buy one for myself to try before I think about installing them as an upgrade for longer term residents.

Looks like easy install and Walmart has one for about $100

Shower Panels? (by razorback_tim [AR]) Posted on: Apr 15, 2018 6:13 AM

I would have to do more research before putting them in a rental - how easy are they to repair, etc. I think they would be appealing in a flip. --70.178.x.xx

Subject: RE: Shower Panels?
Your Name:
Your State:

Shower Panels?
Would you like to be notified via email when somebody replies to this thread?
If so, you must include your valid email address here. Do not add your address more than once per thread/subject. By entering your email address here, you agree to receive notification from every time anyone replies to "this" thread. You will receive response notifications for up to one week following the original post. Your email address will not be visible to readers.
Email Address: